4th International Evidence Based Library & Information Practice Conference
6-11 May 2007
Chapel Hill-Durham, NC,
EBLIP5 will be held in Stockholm, Sweden on June 29-July 3, 2009.
This exciting international conference has grown out of an increasing interest in using the best available evidence to improve library and information practice in all types of libraries. The conference on May 6-9 will be followed by two days of continuing education. The program will provide a forum for the presentation of high quality research papers and posters as well as dynamic discussions of the transformative role of evidence-based practice in the profession.
The conference is hosted by the School of Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the UNC Institute on Aging. The site of the conference will be the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in nearby Research Triangle Park. The hotel is a 10-minute ride from the Raleigh Durham International Airport.
- Improving the quality of library and information services
- Building and accessing the knowledge base of the profession
- Defining and setting standards for evidence-based practice
- The role of library administrators, professional associations and other stakeholders in promoting evidence-based practice
- Identifying key practice areas requiring systematic review of the evidence
- What can we learn from other professions that have implemented evidence-based practice?